This month we are showcasing our Combined culture, sharing the collective values of our employees, how we give back to the diverse communities where we live and work, and how we celebrate the many backgrounds that make up our company culture.
At a recent International Culture Day potluck luncheon, we showcased favorite recipes from employees representing their different cultures and backgrounds. We invite you to take part in our celebration by trying some of the culturally-inspired recipes our employees shared.
Communication specialist, Lizet Alba, brought her family’s Chicken Tinga dish to the luncheon, noting, “I’m not sure about the origin of the Chicken Tinga in Mexican culture, but I grew up enjoying it!”
2 boneless chicken breasts
4 garlic cloves
4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
4 fried guajillo chili peppers
1 pack of tostadas
finely chopped lettuce
1. Place chicken breasts to boil in a large pot of water with 1 ½ chopped onions, salt to taste, and 2 cloves of garlic.
2. Soak the 4 dried guajillo chili peppers in a small pot with hot water for 30 minutes or until soft.
3. After the guajillo peppers are done soaking, take out the seeds.
4. In a blender, blend the guajillo peppers, 2 cloves of onion, chipotle peppers together with the water that the peppers were soaked in. Add salt to taste.
5. Once the chicken breasts are boiled, shred the chicken with the tool of your choice.
6. In a separate pan, sauté 1 1/2 onions chopped into fine rounds.
7. Combine sauce and shredded chicken in pan and bring to a simmer.
8. Serve with tostadas, sour cream, and lettuce.
Tried it? Share pictures and reactions on your social media using #MyCombined. We’d love to hear how you liked it!
Check back next week for Peggy’s Tortellini, Spinach and Sausage!