09/03/2018 Latinos and Life Insurance: A Population that Seeks Trust
David Escontrias, Director of Operations - Latino Markets
Latinos and Life Insurance: A Population that Seeks Trust
September is an extra- special month for us here at Combined Insurance, because it invites us to celebrate two causes we care deeply about: Hispanic Heritage and Life Insurance Awareness. We celebrate the contributions and milestones of the Latino community, and we strive to make our products accessible to them by making our services available in both English and Spanish. We also offer employee training in both languages.
Let’s take a deeper look at life insurance and the role it plays in the Latino community.
Latino families have unique concerns and needs
A study conducted by LIMRA (Life Insurance and Market Research Association) uncovered the unique characteristics and needs of Latino families and related the findings to the role of life insurance in their lives. It found that compared to the general population:
- More Hispanics are middle income. Middle income families are more secure when they have a solid financial plan in place in case of the untimely death of the bread winner(s).
- More Hispanics list family as their paramount concern. Purchasing life insurance shows family members that their well-being is of utmost importance to the individual who is covered.
- More Hispanics worry about dying suddenly and providing for their families. Purchasing life insurance could help ease this worry.
- Hispanics care more about company reputation. Below are some tips on how to choose a company.
- More Hispanics want professional advice.1 Combined Insurance agents personally meet with their customers and take the time to make sure all questions are answered. To schedule a meeting with an English or Spanish-speaking Combined agent, visit Find an Agent.
Choosing a company
The first step in recognizing a quality insurance plan is proper education around the benefits and coverage the plan provides. Also, look for a company with credibility in the industry that:
- Has an A+ Financial Rating
- Is a BBB Accredited organization
- Has longevity in the insurance industry
- Makes insurance easy to understand
Deciding on life insurance plans
Trying to decide whether or not life insurance is for you? If you have dependents, securing a policy gives you peace of mind. If something happens to you, the coverage will help those who depend on you. If you do not have any dependents, or if you have enough savings to provide for your dependents if you pass away, you may not need life insurance.
Each situation is different, and it is important that you consider your individual needs and the needs of your family once you are gone. Your agent can help you choose the right plan if you do decide that life insurance is right for you. Keep in mind a plan that:
- Is flexible and can be tailored to the needs of an individual or family
- Provides for benefit payments to be made directly to the policy beneficiary
Individualized help in English or Spanish
Combined Insurance embraces and enables its bilingual professionals to assist customers with their insurance needs. We offer training in Spanish or English and marketing and sales material are available in both languages in many states. Many agents can give product presentations in either language, ensuring they can properly serve Spanish-speaking customers.
Our website can easily go from English to Spanish with a click, and when customers call customer service, they can request a Spanish-speaking representative, and we recently launched a Combined Latino Facebook page.
Combined Insurance is truly committed to offering supplemental insurance to the Latino community. To find an agent near you, visit our Find an Agent page.
Life insurance policies issued by Combined Insurance Company of America (Chicago, IL) in all states, except New York. In New York, life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Life Insurance Company of New York (Latham, NY). Combined Insurance Company of America is not licensed and does not solicit business in New York.
1 “Top 10 Facts About the Hispanic Market and Life Insurance.” Healthy Hispanic Living, healthyhispanicliving.com/insurance_security/behaviorial_tendencies/top_10_facts_about_the_hispanic_market_and_life_insurance. Accessed 14 Sept. 2017.
Get Covered For Individuals & Families
Get protection from the hidden costs of accidents, illnesses and income disruption.
Get Covered For Employers & Associations
Offer your employees additional benefits with no extra cost to your company.
Start of statement by W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERDo the right thing because it's the right thing to do.End of statement W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERContact Combined Insurance