But you can help make it a little easier for your family.
Hospital Essentials Accident and Sickness Plans cover you in five important ways:
- Daily Hospital Confinement Benefit
Pays you the very first day you are hospitalized, for up to 365 days per accident or sickness in Canada or the U.S.
- Daily Intensive Care Benefit
This benefit is paid in addition to the Daily Hospital Confinement Benefit.
- Ambulance Reimbursement Benefit
Even if you are not hospitalized, we will reimburse you for the cost of your ambulance services, up to the amount selected based on the plan you choose.
- Recovery Benefit Following Hospital Confinement
Following hospitalization, we will pay you for a minimum of 10 days, regardless of whether or not you are disabled. This recovery benefit is payable to you while you are recovering at home or anywhere.
- Recovery Benefit Following Outpatient Surgery or Fracture*
If you suffer an accident or sickness that requires outpatient surgery and you are unable to work or perform your usual activities because you are totally disabled, we will pay you for up to 14 days while you recover.
*The Recovery Benefit Following Fracture is only available under the accident policy.
You select the level of accident and sickness plan that's right for you, your family and your budget.
How the Hospital Essentials Accident and Sickness Plans work for you:
- Pays cash directly to you to help pay added expenses when you suffer an accident or sickness.
- Pays you for a minimum of 10 days after you are hospitalized to help with items such as loss of income whether or not you are disabled.
- Pays you starting the very first day of your accident or sickness.
Please refer to your actual policy for complete details