CRITICAL ILLNESS CHAMPION Supplemental coverage for critical illness.
Get up to $50,000, depending on the plan you select, when diagnosed with a covered critical illness.
Serious events can strike anyone, anytime. And most families aren’t prepared.
Along with fear and uncertainty, a sudden, serious illness also brings the prospect of not having enough money to pay basic bills and keep the family going. Medical advances mean more people survive critical conditions, so how can you maintain your family’s lifestyle while you recover?
Critical Illness Champion helps meet the challenge of paying the bills while you recover.
The Critical Illness Champion policy pays a lump-sum benefit if you are diagnosed or treated* for one of the following conditions:
- Organ Transplant (heart, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas)
- Multiple Sclerosis*
- Paralysis (Two or more limbs)*
- Dismemberment (Two or more limbs)*
- Severe Burns*
- Heart Attack*
- Heart Surgery*
- Cancer (except Skin Cancer other than malignant melanoma)*
- Brain Tumor (must require surgery)*
- Kidney Failure*
* Some or all benefits are not payable unless the insured survives at least 14 days following a covered loss in CA, CO, DC, ID, MD, MI, MT, NM, NC, OR, or WY
Prepared for the unexpected
Combined Insurance offers supplemental insurance that provides benefits that your major medical insurance may not. Combined Insurance’s valuable products and personal service can help make sure you and your family get the coverage you need. Our policies are easy to understand and our professional agents are always ready to help.
The policy is:
- Comprehensive: You’re covered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whether you’re at work or on your own time.
- Convenient: Benefits are paid directly to you, not to the hospital or facility where you are being treated.
- Comforting: This policy is yours, independent of your employer. You can switch jobs but keep the same insurance policy.
56 million Americans have trouble paying their medical bills. And even the best major medical insurance leaves you to pay premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket costs – let alone your regular month housing, food and other expenses.*
*NerdWallet Health, Medical Bankruptcy, June 19, 2013
Bills add up fast – especially if the family breadwinner is recovering and unable to work. And the added worry around expenses only adds to the challenge of getting better.
What could you do with a $50,000 benefit? Pay for unexpected expenses not covered by your major medical insurance. Helps replace some of the income you are losing while unable to work. Help your family maintain a normal lifestyle while you get back on your feet.
The information provided by this document is only a brief description. See the actual policy for complete details of the policy plans, features, benefits, options, rates, definitions, limitations, and exclusions. Products vary by state and are subject to availability and qualifications.
Life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Insurance Company of America in all states, except New York. In New York, life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Life Insurance Company of New York (Latham, NY). Combined Insurance Company of America is not licensed and does not solicit business in New York.
NOTE: Covered conditions may vary by state.