04/24/2017 Rock Your Workout with the Right Jams
Alli Walsh, Social Media Strategist
Rock Your Workout with the Right Jams
Spring has sprung and if you weren’t already hitting the outdoors for your workout, now’s a good time to start! Ditch the treadmill and head out for some rejuvenating fresh air and vitamin D. And when you do, think about how the tunes in your ears power your body, allowing for max impact from your workouts.
The use of music to enhance exercise is nothing new. History dates it back to B.C. times when rowers used it to add energy to their rowing work on the Roman galley ships, because even then it was understood that if provided, people would follow a tempo. Fast forward and Olympic athletes sit, earphones in, using music to create the right energy and mindset before they perform. Whether you’re a weekend warrior or have a daily running habit, the right beat can help you perform your best.
Whatever your preferred genre, when you’re creating your next playlist, try adding some of these all-time and new favorites to the mix:
Old School Rock
There’s no denying the excitement and energy these timeless anthems deliver.
- Welcome to the Jungle: Guns N’ Roses
- Smells Like Teen Spirit: Nirvana
- Enter Sandman: Metallica
- Eye of the Tiger: Survivor
- We Will Rock You: Queen
- Piece of My Heart: Janis Joplin
- Black Dog: Led Zepplin
- Back in Black: AC/DC
- Get Up Offa That Thing: James Brown
Workouts need motivation and for many, rap does the trick.
- So What’Cha Want: Beastie Boys
- The Spiteful Chant: Kendrick Lamar
- Can I Get A…: Jay Z
- Lose Yourself: Eminem
- Fight Music: D12
- Boyz-in-the-Hood: Easy-E
- Seen It All: Jeezy
- Tambourine: Eve
- Mercy: Kanye West
- Notorious Thugs: Notorious B.I.G.
- Rosa Parks: Outkast
Hip Hop & Pop
Who can resist the sing-along, emotion soaring fun of songs like these?
- Problem: Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea
- Can’t Hold Us: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Timber: Pitbull & Keesha
- Love More: Chris Brown
- Birthday: Katy Perry
- Run the World: Beyoncé
- We Came Running: Youngblood Hawkie
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Daft Punk
- Burn: Ellie Goulding
- Feeling Myself: will.i.am
Classical, yes classical!
Looking for something different? Give classical a try. It may be just what you need to re-energize your daily routine.
- Lord Melbourne (War Song): Percy Grainger
- Czarda, Swan Lake: Tchaikovsky
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, First Movement: Mozart
- Mars: Holst
- The Hut on Fowl's Legs (Baba-Yaga): Modest Mussorgsky
- Radetzky Marsch: Strauss
- Im Feuerstrom der Reben (from Die Fledermaus): Fledermaus
- Carmen, Prelude to Act 1: Bizet
- Sabre Dance: Khachaturian
- In the Hall of the Mountain King: Grieg
This blog post is intended for educative and entertainment purposes only. It should not be construed as a solicitation.
For Individuals & Families Coverage = Confidence
Life full of uncertainity.You can't eliminate it.But you can manage it. Supplemental coverage from Combined Insurance helps you pay for things standard insurance doesn't cover. So, you're prepared for the unexpected.
For Employers & Associations Coverage they want
Start of statement by W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERDo the right thing because it's the right thing to do.End of statement W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERContact Combined Insurance