8 Job Benefits To Look For When Considering A Sales Commission Based Job
It’s no secret that a sales commission based job can offer a highly personally and financially rewarding career for those who have the discipline, passion and drive to succeed. But even with the right stuff, the company you choose can often mean the difference between commissioned sales triumph or defeat.
Combined Insurance, a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, with more than 1,300 commissioned salespeople throughout the United States, understands the importance of providing commissioned sales associates the foundation needed to achieve success. When considering a commissioned sales position, Combined Insurance suggests looking for a company that offers the following:
- Guaranteed income – Starting a commissioned sales position is hard enough when you are unsure how much your commission checks will be. Some companies will supplement new sales agents’ income to help them get started and build a customer base.
- Comprehensive training and support – A good company will offer both initial and on-going training. Training emphasis should be on customer-centric, needs-based selling that focuses on both products and proven selling methods. Look for paid, or at least free, training. A company that is willing to invest in training is more likely to understand the value of its salespeople.
- Sales tools – Product and benefit marketing and sales materials can be important aids in helping to make the sale. The company you choose should have them readily available and at no cost to you.
- Free leads – Customer leads can be an important aid for sales people. Many companies provide leads, but for a fee. Select a company that offers cost-free leads to help reduce financial output concerns.
- Success recognition – Incentive and bonus programs are important selling motivators. Some companies offer these types of programs starting right after training.
- Employee status – Most commissioned sales positions are offered under independent contractor status. But a handful of companies offer full-time employee status with benefits, such as medical insurance and access to 401(k) savings plans. Some even offer benefits that start on the first day.
- Career development and advancement – A defined career path that includes training and development opportunities can help turn a sales job into a satisfying career. Some companies offer multiple career paths, which can be a good option if career focus should change.
- Job portability – Ask your potential employer if the job is portable. Some national companies enable you to take the job with you if you move.
While there are many factors to consider when deciding to accept a commissioned-based job, following these simple guidelines can help increase the chances for sales success.
For information about Combined Insurance’s sales opportunities visit: combinedinsurance.com/careers.
About Combined Insurance
Combined Insurance (www.combinedinsurance.com) is a leading provider of supplemental accident, health and life insurance products and is a member of the ACE Group of Companies. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 10,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. For more information, call 1-800-490-1322 or visit combinedinsurance.com.
ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Additional information can be found at acegroup.com Opens in new window.
For Individuals & Families Coverage = Confidence
Life full of uncertainity.You can't eliminate it.But you can manage it. Supplemental coverage from Combined Insurance helps you pay for things standard insurance doesn't cover. So, you're prepared for the unexpected.
For Employers & Associations Coverage they want
Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDER Click to Contact Combined Insurance