10 Personality Traits Of A Successful Salesperson. Do You Have What It Takes?
Thinking about a career in sales? With many sales jobs being commission-based, it can offer the right people significant professional and financial rewards. Combined Insurance, a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, with more than 1,300 commissioned salespeople throughout the United States, recognizes that some of the most successful salespeople share these 10 personality traits. Do you have what it takes?
- Personable – The most successful salespeople know how to get along with and enjoy meeting and talking to a wide variety of people. They also tend to be comfortable and confident in social settings.
- Ambitious – Successful salespeople set goals for themselves and focus on achieving them. They have a drive to succeed in all that they do and thrive on success.
- Confident – Rejection is commonplace in sales. Salespeople hear the word "no" all the time. Successful salespeople have the confidence to take "no" as a challenge, not as personal rejection.
- Passionate – Successful salespeople have a deep belief in and a dedication to what they do and sell.
- Independent – Since many sales positions are commission-based, the most successful salespeople are typically self-starters who can take personal initiative by identifying the work steps needed to achieve success.
- Hard working – Successful salespeople have a good work ethic and do what it takes to get the job done. They also are willing to roll up their sleeves and work long hours to reach and surpass their goals.
- Disciplined – Procrastination is non-existent for successful salespeople, who possess tremendous follow-through and are not easily swayed from their tasks or goals. They are good at organizing, planning, and prioritizing, and have a “do it now” mentality.
- Positive – Successful salespeople see the glass as half full. They have positive attitudes and are able to turn negatives into positives in any sales situation. They learn from defeat to better improve their chances of success.
- Persuasive – No customer likes to be “sold” to. That’s why successful salespeople act more as “consultants” and tailor their approach to meet the different needs of prospective buyers to better influence their decision to buy.
- Adaptable – Successful salespeople understand that change is sometimes necessary and are able to quickly adapt and to change what doesn’t work.
For information about Combined Insurance’s available sales opportunities visit: combinedinsurance.com/careers.
About Combined Insurance
Combined Insurance (http://www.combinedinsurance.com.) is a leading provider of supplemental accident, health and life insurance products and is a member of the ACE Group of Companies. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 10,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. For more information, call 1-800-490-1322 or visit combinedinsurance.com.
ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Additional information can be found at acegroup.com.
For Individuals & Families Coverage = Confidence
Life full of uncertainity.You can't eliminate it.But you can manage it. Supplemental coverage from Combined Insurance helps you pay for things standard insurance doesn't cover. So, you're prepared for the unexpected.
For Employers & Associations Coverage they want
Start of statement by W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERDo the right thing because it's the right thing to do.End of statement W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERContact Combined Insurance