Supplemental Life Insurance
Too many people have life insurance that doesn't provide the support they want their loved ones to have once they're gone. Many more families simply have no basic life coverage of any kind. We believe everyone should have access to affordable coverage.
Combined Insurance's Family Life Protector offerings are just that. They are supplemental life insurance policies that are clearly written and easy to understand so you can be sure it's the right plan for you and your family.
Ways to Protect You
Five ways the Combined life insurance supplement will take care of you and your family.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND: Benefits from our supplemental life insurance can help your family pay final expenses, mortgage or rent payments, replace lost income or cover other expenses.
- "WHOLE LIFE" PROTECTION TO AGE 100: Cash values and paid-up insurance values beginning with the second or third year the policy is in force.
- CUSTOMIZED COMBINED LIFE INSURANCE PROTECTION: Whole Life, in combination with term life insurance coverage, to fit your needs and your budget.
- "ALL COVERAGE" FEATURES:
- Living Benefit/Accelerated Death Benefit that can pay the proceeds to you while you are living
- Waiver of Premium for total disability from age 16, but prior to age 60
- Optional Accidental Death Benefit available through age 65. Pays double
- COST AND COVERAGE ALWAYS REMAINS THE SAME: Gives you peace of mind now and in the future.
There are three financial needs your family will likely have should you die unexpectedly:
1. Final expenses
If you die, life goes on for your family. Unpaid medical bills, attorney fees, credit balances, taxes and funerals can be expensive, and existing life insurance policies may not have the buying power they did when you first purchased them. Combined Insurance's supplemental life insurance can be used to help you pay these expenses.
2. Housing expenses
Depending on the supplemental life insurance plan you choose, our Family Life Protector Policies can help provide enough cash for your family to continue to make mortgage or rent payments to help relieve some of the financial pressure they may experience after your death.
3. Replacement income
The loss of your income will be a significant financial challenge for your family. Our Family Life Protector offerings can help replace your income, allowing your family to have more time to adjust financially after your death.
Deciding to protect your family now will ensure that loved ones will have cash when they need it most.
Family Life Protector– Whole Life or Term Insurance
Whole Life Insurance provides protection throughout your lifetime. Funds will be available to your family no matter when your death occurs.
We also offer an affordable combination of Whole Life Insurance with Term Rider benefits to help keep your costs more manageable without sacrificing protection. You can choose life insurance coverage for yourself, your spouse and your children.
Here's how it works
In the event of death by natural causes (see note below), Combined life insurance will pay your beneficiary an amount you choose to meet your family's needs:
Whole Life Insurance covers you to age 100(1), or in combination with a Term Rider to age 70(2).
Optional Accidental Death Benefit(3)
Should you die as a result of an accident, Combined Insurance will double the face amount of your supplemental life insurance policy. Your family Life Protector policy will pay your beneficiary from $20,000 to $100,000, depending on the life insurance plan you select. This benefit is not available if the accidental death occurs following the first policy anniversary after your 65th birthday.
(Accelerated Death Benefit)
If you or any covered family member are diagnosed with a terminal condition that will either; likely result in death within 12 months, or require continuous confinement in a hospital, extended care facility, nursing home or hospice, until death, you can request that we pay your Family Life Protector benefit to you while you are living, up to $50,000.
Contact a local Combined Insurance agent today or to get a supplemental life insurance quote.
(1) Whole Life Insurance Issue Age: 0-75
(2) Term Rider Issue Age: 18-59
(3) Accidental Death Benefit Issue Age: 0-59.
(4) Receipt of death benefits under the Living Benefit may be taxable and may affect the recipient's eligibility for public assistance programs.
Availability from a particular company varies by product and state. Subject to availability and qualifications. Life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Insurance Company of America in all states, except New York. In New York, life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Life Insurance Company of New York. Combined Insurance Company of America is not licensed and does not solicit business in New York.
May Not be Available In All States
Call us at 1-800-490-1322
Download the Needs Assessment worksheet to see if you and your family have the insurance protection you need.
Carol and James had supplemental insurance through another provider until they made a decision to switch to Combined Insurance five years ago. Carol said it’s a decision they are glad to have made.