Critical Care Protector
When major illness strikes, it’s more than just a medical issue – for many families, it’s a financial challenge as well. Many people lack the health insurance coverage they need when major issues like cancer, heart attack, and stroke occur. Critical Care Protector can help your family fill the gaps and help cover the costs related to recovery from major illnesses.
Combined Insurance's Critical Care Protector can do just that. It is a supplemental insurance plan that is clearly written and easy to understand, so you can be sure it's the right plan for you and your family.
Ways to Protect You
Five ways critical care insurance can cover you and your family
- PROVIDES A LUMP-SUM CASH BENEFIT... that can be used any way you choose.
- GUARANTEED RENEWABLE: As long as your premiums are paid, your right to renew this policy is guaranteed until payment of benefits.*
- PROVIDES BENEFITS FOR TODAY'S MOST CRITICAL CONDITIONS.
- BENEFITS PAID DIRECTLY TO YOU: This policy pays in addition to all other insurance.
- PERSONALIZED COVERAGE: A choice of different benefit levels to meet your specific needs.
Combined Insurance's critical care policy provides a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with or receive treatment for one of the following conditions:
- Heart attack
- Heart surgery (performed at a hospital by a physician)
- Cancer (except skin cancer, Stage A prostate cancer, and carcinoma in-situ)
- Brain tumor (must require surgery)
- Kidney failure
- Organ transplant (heart, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Paralysis (two or more limbs)
- Dismemberment (two or more limbs)
- Severe burns
Benefits are paid in addition to other insurance you may have.
How Much Critical Care Insurance Will You Need?
Though it is difficult to know exactly how much critical care insurance anyone will need to pay out of pocket expenses, an emergency insurance fund equal to one time your annual income may be sufficient. You can always choose more or less depending on your needs, but this amount is a good place to start.
Contact a local Combined Insurance agent to learn more about Critical Care Insurance.
Availability from a particular company varies by product and state. Subject to availability and qualifications. Life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Insurance Company of America in all states, except New York. In New York, life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Life Insurance Company of New York. Combined Insurance Company of America is not licensed and does not solicit business in New York
May Not Be Available in All States
This policy is not comprehensive health insurance coverage (otherwise referred to as "Major Medical Coverage") and does not satisfy the requirement of minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
* Please see your policy for specific details.
(1)NerdWallet Health, Medical Bankruptcy, June 19, 2013.
Call us at 1-800-490-1322
Download the Needs Assessment worksheet to see if you and your family have the insurance protection you need.
Earlier this year I became extremely sick, and I was unable to work for more than three months. Combined Insurance was there for me and my family the whole way during this difficult time.