CAREERS IN SALES: BECOME AN INSURANCE AGENT
W. Clement Stone founded Combined Insurance in 1922 with a vision and a dream to change the world. He left us with a rich legacy that includes ongoing training in our systems and methods, as well as the belief in and practice of a Positive Mental Attitude.
Combined Insurance agent jobs offer two career paths – sales, for those who find their strength in selling our products, or sales management, for those whose strengths are in training, coaching and mentoring others.
Our insurance agent jobs offer virtually unlimited income potential, sales support, comprehensive benefits and a product mix that makes it easy for you to provide the coverage that helps our customers protect themselves and their families.
- AGENT Combined Insurance agents generate new customers and meet with existing policyholders to help them get the insurance products that best meet their family's needs.
An Agent position with Combined Insurance offers you a full-time, direct employee position where you’ll receive company support and comprehensive training. We offer unlimited income potential – including a minimum guaranteed income the first 26 weeks, dependent upon meeting specific production requirements, and a competitive benefits package.
No experience is required, but prior exposure to sales and customer service is helpful. Experienced and licensed insurance agents are highly encouraged to apply.
- Conduct needs-based, consultative sales presentations to a wide range of individuals and independent business people
- Utilize marketing tools and resources to generate new business
- Secure referrals and set appointments to present to prospective customers
- Deliver excellent customer service to existing policyholders and prospective customers alike
- Develop and maintain a professional presence in the communities in which you work
While no specific experience selling insurance is necessary, prior exposure to commissioned sales, customer service and marketing experience can be helpful. Our training program will give you most of the tools and knowledge to help you succeed.
- Two years of work experience required; commissioned sales and customers service experience in real estate, auto sales and/or as a self-employed insurance agent is preferred
- Your respective state’s license to sell accident, health and life insurance, or a willingness to obtain proper licensing
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive person who enjoys building relationships
- Driven, disciplined, resilient, achievement-focused, coachable professional
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, a plus
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation with liability and property insurance coverage on the vehicle
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required, college-level education is a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (Included in appropriate geographies)
- We Offer a Fantastic Benefits and Compensation Package
- Competitive commission-based compensation with virtually unlimited income potential
- Limited minimum guaranteed income your first 26 weeks when hitting specific production requirements
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability benefits when qualified
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company matching and stock purchase plan
- Some prospective customer leads provided at no cost
- Ongoing sales, marketing and customer service training and development
As in most sales positions, success is up to you. If you are driven, passionate and goal-oriented, our program is designed with you in mind. But don’t take our word for it.
What do our Insurance Sales Representatives have to say?
“Combined Insurance is the best thing that’s ever happened to me!"
“I love all the different people at Combined Insurance – so goal-oriented and positive."
“We’ve got the best training in (and outside) the industry."
“You set your own hours and write your own paycheck. The freedom’s great."
Combined Insurance – Let’s make this easy
Are you ready to take the next step? Apply Now!
To begin the application process, please first select your state of residence. Once selected you will be connected into our application portal, powered by Wonderlic, where you will be asked to complete our on-line insurance agent job application form.
Note: Combined Insurance currently is not recruiting for sales positions in Alabama, Alaska, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah.
Combined Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
Combined Insurance makes G.I. Jobs top 10 Military Friendly Employers
G.I. Jobs named Combined Insurance a 2013 Top 10 Military Friendly Employer. We aim to hire 1,000 veterans in 2013. Click below to find out more.